- What's your experience coaching teams toward being Agile?
One of the key areas to explore as part of any Agile transformation for a software development organization, is the transformation of legacy roles of Project Manager, Technical Architect, Team Lead into a pure scrum/agile role of Scrum master, Scrum team member and Product Owner. One of the tenets of an Agile transformation in any organization is to transition to a decentralized and empowerment based management model from a previous command and control structure. As part of coaching teams in undertaking the transformation to Agile methodologies, I have come across organizations struggling with making these role and mindset transitions.
- What do you plan to learn/explore at this conference?
I would like to discuss about the possible ways of handling the changes in roles that an organization has to experience, in an agile transformation. For example:
- How do you translate the Management levels in a hierarchical organization to Agile roles?
- What are the different approaches to change a command and control legacy project management structure to an empowered , servant leadership model?
- When an organization has a number of very experienced engineers, how do we motivate them to accept the agile mindset of continuous improvement and responding to change?
- How do you plan to contribute?
I plan to share my experiences on the above-mentioned areas , as part of leading the Agile Transformation in my organization for the past 2 years. In my view, these are critical areas to discuss and plan for, as part of any transformation exercise, without which it is impossible to ensure that the transformation is successful.