- Capacity: How many people can this place accommodate?
- Is there space for large circle for opening and closing of each day? if it's big enough to hold 200 in auditorium style, it will be large enough for 80-100 in concentric circles.
- Is there adequate space close by for eating. it will be ideal if there is a space close by to the large meeting room with buffet and tables for 5-8 people each, with enough for 80-100 people.
- Cost: Do we need to pay some fee for using the facility or will it be sponsored by the host?
- Would we need some kind of insurance? In the past when I have tried to organize conference in Universities, they have asked me 50k USD insurance cover.
- How far is the venue from an international airport?
- Accommodations: Does the venue provide accommodation (how expense)? Else can we find a range of hotels/motels close by?
- Flow: How far are the breakout rooms from the central large space? (During the last SDTConf, we had one big hall and 3 break out rooms with projectors right next to/inside the hall. I think it worked out very well. I have seen that if the distance is big then it creates all kinds of issues.)
- Will they provide us with projectors (for sharing source code, for example) or do we need to carry them?
- What about wireless internet access? Or at least a wired internet access which we can then use a wireless router.
- Lounge: Is there open space around the main area which can be used for participants to hang around? Could be as simple as office chairs and tables.
- Can we post things on the walls? If not, are there are solutions? ex: pin boards, "sticky walls" which that paper sticks lightly to. There is usually also need to hang a few posters.
- Will the venue provide stationery like Flip-charts, whiteboards, markers, access to printer to print stuff, etc
- Access to buildings on weekend? Do we need any special permission to get into and out of the building? If so, how do we manage this?
- Best time of the year? What would be the best time of the year to host this event in this city/venue? Is the venue available during that session?
- Any disturbance (noise) around the conference halls?
- Does the venue have paid or free Coffee/Tea/Soda etc Vending machine (nice to have).
Location : AgileCoachCamp Wiki > VenueSelectionCriteria
Last Modification: Monday, 12 of October, 2009 03:06:39 UTC by .
The content on this page is licensed under the terms of the Creative+Commons+Attribution+Noncommercial+Share+Alike+3.0.