Introverts and Extroverts
1. Facilitator: SaleemSiddiqui
2. Participants: GlennWaters, AlanHensel, LindaCook, KathyGettelfinger, KatieMcCroskey, MichaelSahota.
3. This session was not intended to be a scholarly discussion on the subject, simply a sharing of our views and feelings. Correspondingly, this document is not a thesis but a narrative.
The Wikipedia article on Extraversion and Introversion provides reasonable background definitions for our purpose.
An extrovert draws energy from the crowd. An introvert draws energy from within.
- Coaching involves observing in large parts.
- While Agile enablement can span several styles, it can be useful to look at it as three largely distinct styles: Telling, Mentoring, Coaching
- Introversion and Extraversion is largely situational. How we act depends a lot on the situation.
- Knowing yourself helps manage your stress levels during the difficult art of coaching / enablement.
|Low Instruction||High Instruction|
|"High Support"||Socratic Teaching||Coaching|
|"Low Support"||Observing||Classroom-style teaching|